Important Points for Construction
• Before starting a new construction project, check whether your area comes in a Earth Quake prone zone. While doing construction work safety measures should be taken for earth quake protection.
• The whole area of the building should be constructed at one time to avoid settlement in any portion of the building.
• If the construction is done in small portions, there may be chances of the settlement in foundation.
• All components of the building should be tied up with R.C.C. Band at plinth level/DPC level, door lintel level and roof level.
Works while Starting Construction
While starting the construction work by contractor at site after approval of the drawings and designs, the following works should be taken in hand.
• The site should be cleared if roots of the trees exist; they should be removed up to 2 feet below the ground level.
• Layout of the building should be done with fixing centre lines and 'burjis' or brick pillars etc. and mark all the walls, columns on the ground with their proper length and width as per designs or drawings.
After dressing the side and bottom of the trenches, the cement concrete, mechanically or hand mixed should be laid in trenches.
The concreting should be done in 6 inches layers and should fully be compacted with vibrator or hand rammer.
• Brick works should be done according to drawings or designs in foundation.
• The bricks should be of the Ist class quality and they should be soaked in clean water by spraying.
• The joints of brick works should be filled up with mortar completely.