Protection from Moisture
May and June are very hot months in summer season when heat waves are in full swing. Monsoon comes during June and rainy season starts. Everyone wants to enjoy cool and wet weather. Rainy water spreads on roads and low level area. During rainy season the moisture enters home directly through open doors, windows and ventilators. The moisture can enter through other sources which affect home and its occupants.
If following cares are taken, you can prevent moisture from entering the house.
Tips before the start of rainy season
- Clean roof tops and check the condition of roof proofing if you are living in a Bungalow or a terrace flat.
- Check all rain water pipes if there are any cracks for repair.
- Check roof of your home if there are any cracks/defects for repair.
- Confirm corners of the roof, parapet and set are right. If there are any cracks, they should be repaired.
- Clean ‘Chhajja’ and balcony of the room/house.
- Make sure that water doesn’t’ enter the foundation and under side of the roof. Seal all possible crevices for leakage or water condensation.
- Check all walls if there are any cracks or signs of seepage. Repair them and use water proof paint internally and externally to avoid flaking.
- Check joints of tiles in bathrooms and toilets if there is any loose tile which should be fixed immediately.
- Apply a coat of wax on hardwood to prevent hardwood floor from warping.
- Provide grease and oil in the hinges of all doors and windows so that they can easily be opened and closed.
- Check garden outlet so that spare water from rain may be drained immediately after rain.
- Clean sewer lines, manholes and gully traps so that over flow problem may not arise.
- Check and repair windows, ventilators, sill and joints with wall.
Tips during rainy season
- Keep camphor or naphthalene balls in your cupboards for protection of cloths from smelling and effects of insects.
- Open all operable windows and ventilators for cross ventilation to keep humidity low.
- Vacuum carpets regularly if you have to keep them away from dirt, soggy smells and moisture.
- Wrap carpets in polythene sheet to protect them from water and insects infestation.
- Keep electronic equipments in closed cabinets when it’s raining. Cover the equipments properly with plastic covers or thick cloth.
- Close all doors and windows’ shutters when it’s raining to protect house from moisture.
Wall mirrors have unique combination of style and function. A mirror is not only reflection of yourself but of your room's style and integrity also.
Living room is the place where you involve into ‘fun’ things like watching TV, listening to music, enjoying games and entertaining guests and friends. Let’s discuss fascinating bed sets for living room.
Paint Colors impart a beautiful effect in your every room if chosen perfectly. But sometimes the excessive use of bold paint colors on walls makes your living room disturbing and you can get irritated with the bold color hue. So it is better to choose paint colors by knowing their effects on your living environment and body.
To sit, relax, invite friends, watch TV or just chill out with the family; no matter how you dream about your living room, these organizing tips will help you design it better.
Contemporary furniture in your living room has a special effect in welcoming guest warmly as it is simple and organized.
Ceiling fan provides comfortable environment for living. It saves energy and is mounted in the middle of the room to better serve airy needs.
A living room is designed as a multipurpose room which is used for welcoming guest, relaxation and sharing views with family members. It’s the heart of the home.
Folding tables are portable, affordable and space saving, available in a variety of designs and shapes. These tables provide matchless interior decor on the occasion of a celebration. The tables furnished with nice wood or plastic tops provide value for your money.
Wrought iron furniture is perfect blend of art and beauty. It’s one of the most popular choices of service providers and home decorators who want to amplify grandeur and warmth of living room.
The style of living room table can make you noteworthy all around. Modern styles of coffee tables meet functional and ornamental requirements of the space. It’s time to pick nice ones for making interior of the house prominent.
Cushion covers are a great bonus to the interior of a home. They cover up your cushions and can superbly change the look of interior of your home. Using color accents for cushion fabrics adds a lavish touch to the beauty of a home.
Sofas create the sense of aesthetics coupled with comfort and luxury. Picking the right kind of sofa for living room purely depends on individual taste and décor of the room. The sofa should match up with color pattern, wall paints and rest furniture of the room.
TV wall mounts have become an essential part in placing a TV in the living room because mounted TV not only saves space but also creates a striking, ultra modern look with sleek designs presenting a home theater like experience in the home.
Is your living room really living! here you can indulge into your heart contents because this is the place where you spend hours with your loved ones and guests. So you should decorate your living room with deep understanding and enthusiasm.
So you have decided to change the interiors of your home. You need to have a very careful eye on big range of furniture styles that go well with your needs and which one will be the best out of the available a lot.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.