Checklist for Cement Plaster
Plastering gives strength to the structural members and helpful to reduce dampness in masonry during rainy season. It also helps in keeping the home clean, germ and dust free. In exterior, it protect from heavy rains, dusty winds, large variation in temperature or corrosive atmosphere.
In plastering, the mortar is spread over the surface of uneven and rough surface of wall, ceiling and pillar for obtaining the plain or smooth surface which give good appearance. In plastering one can achieve architectural view and finishing as per requirement. Type of mortar for plaster i.e. cements sand mortar or lime surkhi mortar and ratio of mortar is used as per requirement.
Points to be checked by home owner
- Check that the whether contractor engaged skilled mason or not.
- Check that all the electrical pipes, boxes and water supply pipes etc are fixed according to drawing/ requirement before starting the plaster.
- Ensure that the pipe should be sufficient deep in the wall to take proper thickness of mortar to avoid crack.
- Check that there is no leakage in the wall, if any than plaster should be done after removing the leakage.
- See that all the pot holes are filled before starting the plaster.
- If there is efflorescence appears on the brick work that it should be cleared by rubbing with brush and wash with clean water.
- Do not use salty water in plaster.
- Check that the surface of ceiling is made rough by chiseling before plaster.
- Ensure proper bonding by making surface clean, free from racked mortar by rubbing with iron brush and wash the surface.
- Ensure that the surface should be well cured with water before the start of plaster so that the wall should not absorb the water from plaster mix.
- Fix reference mark (BUNDA) on the surface before start of plaster to obtain plaster in line and plumb.
- Ensure that after plastering, proper curing will made for 15 days.
- Ensure that all the edge of openings is round to avoid cracks.
- Ensure all fittings such as electric board, switches etc should be protected from damage while plastering.
- Clean all the splash of mortar from fittings and finished surface of plaster on the close of the day’s work.
- Check the plaster surface with straight edge and should be in plumb.
Plastering not only makes the surfaces smooth but creates a good finishing to the walls, ceiling and roofs also.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Unique 'Plastering' makes a difference and requires a lot of skills which are discussed here.
Handle the cracks in the walls initially because they can destroy smooth finishing of the plaster.
Create an amusing smoothness in 'Plastering' with some tips and enjoy dazzling surfaces.
Here in this article we tried to cover the common guideline meant for labor for cement plaster finishing for roof/ceiling and wall.
Types of Plastering in Construction: 1.Sand faced plaster 2.Rough Cast Plaster 3.Pebbled dash plaster
Tools take 'Plastering' to its peak finishing and make it ready for use.
Do 'Plastering' only when you know proper time schedule to avoid cracks in future
Thickness of cement plaster varies and depends on individual taste. You can apply any one from this article.
Whether you deserve unique skills for 'Plastering' or you need to know them.
Raw material and scaffolding are backbone of 'Plastering' and provide necessary support in construction.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.